Monday, September 13, 2010

Why are toddlers so much cooler than me?

Sitting in church the other day, I was attentively listening to the sermon, when I became distracted by all the very adorable children at our church! As I was kinder-gazing, I realized that pretty much all of the toddlers at our church are cooler than I am!

One little girl had on the coolest outfit: a longer shirt with a pair of leggings, matched with a metallic pair of flats! Not to mention her hair was styled so that just the middle part of the top of her hair was pulled together with a hair band sticking straight up! I could never get away with that hair style! Even with some extra padding in the form of a diaper, she looked better in that outfit that I would!

Another little boy had the coolest bottle I have ever seen. It was one of those non-plastic bpb free metal looking bottles. I don't even have one of those as a regular water bottles. I am a serious earth saver slacker compared to this tot! If I had one of those bottles I can just imagine how much more milk I would drink out of it! I now have that type of water bottle on my next shopping list, just so I can look half as cool as that kid!

Another child had a special Cheerios container that dispensed cheerios into your hand with very spiffy packaging that announced to the whole world that this baby was already working to lower their cholesterol! It is like saying hey everyone, look at me, & the health food I am eating! No more Tupperware containers with regular old cereal! Come to think of it, maybe I don't really want everyone to know what I am eating all the time (although that would be a great weight loss plan)!

Can you imagine how cool I would be if I was a toddler?! Pretty cool...well until I needed my diaper changed!

2 comments:

  1. Funny and too true! I love playing with the little ones at the back of church during service. I can be quite a clown. I also got little magnet dogs to trick 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how much cooler little kids are these days? It makes me feel SOOO old (and uncool).
    I hope Rachel turns out OK.

    ReplyDelete